Monday, March 5, 2012

Points of Pinterest {Crafty, Tasty, & Cool Things I Love From Pinterest}

Welcome to "Points of Pinterest;" a place for me to share anything crafty, tasty or cool that I have come across through Pinterest.  For those of you who haven't jumped on the Pinterest band wagon yet, it is a virtual pin board where you can pin things you love that you find on the internet (sort of like a virtual cork board).  Instead of sticking every interesting article in my "favorites" file I now "pin" them on to boards and share them with my friends.  You can follow me on Pinterest here

{A Bit About Pinterest}
My notes on "Pinterest Etiquette".  When you click on a pin, a proper pin should take you right to the source of the project, recipe, cool thing, etc.  If it does not than do not repin it.  I always verify that a link takes me to the correct place prior to pinning so that I can give credit where credit is due.  I don't want to take part in plagiarism of ideas so to speak.  If you are new to Pinterest, click on the picture of the pin or the link that is the upper right hand corner.  It should take you right to the site. 

 You can also install a "Pin It" button right onto your tool bar so you can pin anything you like directly to Pinterest from your favorite sites.  More information on that can be found at the "About" section under "Pin It Button".  Pinterest is by request or invite only, but people are joining everyday so find a friend to send you an invite or request one and wait a little bit to start pinning.  It is so much fun!!

{Points of Pinterest}
You can click the first link to take you to my pin on Pinterest.  Then you can click the button or the link to take you right to the original blog post where the information came from.  People are so clever!! Check them out!!

(most of the pictures of the projects are from the original pin/blog post and do not belong to DK365, unless specified, and therefore belong to the original blogger, if you share the pictures please site back to their blogs. Thank you)



{The Crafty}
Here are a couple of my favorite crafty pins...







Over the Big Moon Button png 1 Buttons

I hung these in my kitchen above my cabinets and I just love them!! The colors are great, and I love a play on words. 




This is so clever, and on my to do list!! I don't have a pantry and I *love* this idea for that dead space next to the fridge.  Win, win!! Let's break out the power tools!

{The Tasty}
Here are some of the tasty food pins I like...












Click the buttonPhotobucket

I am obsessed with these taquitos!! I absolutely love the texture of the baked flour tortilla, the filling is delicious and I seriously crave these at least once a month if not more.  I made them three times in the first month I tried them.  I discovered that it is delicious to dip these in sour cream mixed with some of the extra green sauce! Yum-O!!



I made these with my friends one night, and she snapped this picture with her smart phone.  We were eating them faster than we could make them, they were SO delicious.  They were simple, and not too sweet.  They were way too easy to just keep popping in my mouth, but I am a HUGE supporter of dessert stuffed fruit.  These don't disappoint in that genre. 

{The Cool}
Just a couple of cool things I pinned...



I have blogged about menu planning, and I usually end up just hand writing my own list, but this is super cute!! If you want to save on paper and ink you could slip it inside of a clear plastic document protector and make it like a wipe board, or better yet stick it under glass in a picture frame and do the same!




I have go to get my hands on some of these!  I can't wait to dress up my mixer.  FUN!!

I hope you enjoyed these "Points of Pinterest."  Enjoy!






No comments: